|General Admission Requirements
1. Students of any nationality, regardless of
religious belief, or political affiliation, are welcome to
the College of Maasin.
The College, however, reserves the right at any time
to refuse or not to readmit students under certain conditions. A
student’s application for admission will be given
due course by the University when the applicant meets all
the academic requirements and possesses all the qualifications
prescribed by the College of Maasin and the Commission
on Higher Education.
admits male and female students.
3. A student
who is involved in any pending civil, criminal or administrative
case/cases shall present upon enrolment Police Clearance,
Municipal Trial Court Clearance, City Fiscal / Provincial
Fiscal Clearance. The University does not admit any student
who has been convicted of any criminal offense even if there
is a pending appeal.
Credentials To Be Submitted Upon Enrollment
1. Freshmen / High School Graduates / New Enrollees
High school graduates
who seek admission in the University immediately after their
graduation must submit the original copy of their
FORM 138 or report card marked eligible for admission
to college, which has not been previously cancelled by any
coming from other schools or universities should present
a. Original Transfer Credentials / Honorable Dismissal
b. Transcript of Records
c. Good Moral Character Certificate
d. Four pieces of recent 2" x 2" colored picture
3. Cross Enrollees
students, who are enrolled in their mother school and allowed
by the same to take subjects in UV for a particular term,
must present their CROSS REGISTRATION PAPERS and two pieces
of their recent photograph, size 2" x 2".
For Foreign Students
An alien admitted in the Philippines under the visa category may apply with the Bureau of Immigration for the change / conversion of his/her admission status to that of a student under Section 9 (f) of the Philippines Immigration Act of 1940, as amended pursuant to E.O. No. 285.
Requirements for Enrollment of Foreign Student
1. Scholastic records duly authenticated by the student’s country of origin or legal residence.
2. Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police Certificate issued by the National Police Authorities in the student’s country of residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post having consular jurisdiction over the place for students who resided in the Philippines for less than 60 days.
For a student who has resided in the Philippines for more than 60 days at the time he applies for the said change / conversion of his admission status, he shall be required to submit the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance.
3. Proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses.
4. Quarantine medical examination certificate issued by the National Quarantine Office.
5. Copy of the student’s personal history statement signed by the student with 2 x 2 inch photograph recently taken.
Photocopy of the photo, data and stamp of the pages of the passport indicating the latest arrival date. The passport itself shall be duly verified by the Bureau of Immigration.